BGFIBank: a citizen group
As an accountable firm, BGFIBank undertakes to pursue growth policy in accordance with environment and human rights.
Our sustainable undertaking includes the following major areas:
The environmental area
The Environmental Management system
To tackle the environmental approach to the firm project Ambitions 2010, BGFIBank Group has recently stated that promoting sustainable development is a key factor to its development program through management capacities for the new firm project CAP 2015.
Membership to the UN World Pact
BGFIBank is the first company in Gabon to have ratified the United Nations World Pact in 2006 for ethical business cycle that respects environment.
Convention with WCS
In February 2007, BGFIBank signed with Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) a collaboration convention that finances, through BGFIBANK Foundation and on the scholarship basis, internship to excellent students throughout 13 national parks in Gabon.
Sustainable development: our responsibilities
With regard to membership to the United Nations World Pact, BGFIBANK has been disseminating its principles on Human Rights, labour law and environment.
- cultivate diversity by fighting genre, religious and political discrimination;
- promote collective negotiation as the bank’s management principle;
- include abolition of child work in contract regulations with suppliers and service providers;
- encourage recognized suppliers and service providers to implement precaution principle with regard to environmental issues;
- carry out internal and external training and information actions aiming at promoting more accountability so as to decrease environment impacts and adopt eco-accountable behaviours.
BGFIBank environmental policy